Friday, July 12, 2013

Make Money With Ebooks!

So, I've been looking a lot lately at some new book ideas.  Just like everyone I'm in need of making extra cash.

There are a lot of books out there about making money selling Ebooks.  Frankly, I think it's funny that there are so many Ebooks about making and selling Ebooks.  Anyway, I digress.

I have written a couple books for Amazon Kindle, but since I have done exactly ZERO marketing, I've only made about $50 over the last couple years on them.  It also has to do with my writing skills.  If you read any of my previous blogs you know I can ramble.

It boils down to the fact that money was made!  So, If I can make $50 with little to no effort, what could I or you do with a lot of effort?  What would that effort look like?

What do you write about?  Well, thats actually the easiest part.  There are a lot of books that recommend you have someone write the book for you.  I don't like this.  It's really just a personal thing I guess.  What you can do is look around.  What are people interested in?  What do you know about, or what can you learn about.  You'd really be surprised at what people will buy.  For example, maybe you like baking cookies.  Well, a lot of other people do too.  What about a book on 101 recipes for great cookies!  Just research and find your favorites and you are set to go!

Sure, there are a lot of cookbooks out there, but there is a reason for that, right?!

Once you write it you can load it up to the Kindle Direct Platform.  Just Google Kdp Direct and you will be able to find a link.

Amazon will market the book for you but it's minimal and will not likely make you a large amount of money.  They also allow you to give the book away for free for a limited time.  While initially you might think that you don't want to do this, it's actually a great way to build a following.  You can go up to five days for free.  I recommend 3 days, as it's enough to get exposure.  You can do this every 90 days or so.

The goal is to get a few good reviews.  If you do, it will allow you to sell copies once you get off the free list.

Also, you can set up a twitter feed and Facebook page for your book.  This will generate sales over time and both will get stronger with time, if the book is good.

There is obviously a lot more that you can do with this and you could really take it to the limit.  If the book begins to sell, you could make videos showing each recipe step by step walk-through.  Then sell the videos as a package.

Its important to look and see as much opportunity as you can.  We have a tendency in our society to not see opportunity until it jumps up and bites us, or until we accidentally stumble across it.

Here are links to three of the top kindle books on how to make money selling ebooks.  They are definitely worth a look if you are new to this!









No comments:

Post a Comment