Monday, September 23, 2013

Changing my approach

After reflecting on my past month and a half of exercise, I've decided to make some changes.

I'm thinking my cardio isn't being as helpful as I had thought.  Originally, I decided to run a mile and then increase my speed until I get to a 10 minute mile, then add in a second mile.  The problem with this is my heart rate gets up too high and I think I'm loosing fat burning potential.

The reason for the change is that my entire amount of weight loss at this point seems to be related to my caloric intake vs. any effort expended exercising???

So, my change is going to be doing 30 minutes at my target "fat burning" heart rate.  I did that this morning.  It was pretty easy as my heart rate was low enough that I never felt like I was pushing myself.  Also, I could have went longer.  At my target "fat burning" heart rate, I could probably walk for an hour at least.

That's my adjustment, I'll let any of you reading this know how that changes things.

No comments:

Post a Comment