Sunday, June 23, 2013

Taking action!


Well, I picked up my new running shoes and did my mile yesterday.


I cannot say how good that felt.  It was really amazing.  I always think I feel good when I'm laying on the couch....I am wrong.  Yes, it's relaxing, but it is only relaxing in the moment.  But the amount of "feel good" that walking and running created AFTER I finished the activity, was huge!

This is a shift from present moment thinking to future thinking.

By focusing on activities that have more pay off later, I can build future pleasure and reach my goals easier than trying to stay comfortable and relaxed now and still reach my goals.

Come to think of it, how can I reach my goals if my main goal is to be comfortable.

The human body and the life experience is funny that way.  Sometimes you have to lose to win.  If you want to be comfortable and be able to relax, you need to experience temporary discomfort.

Interesting....

No comments:

Post a Comment